Skip to main content

Victim Services FAQs

No. Advocacy services are available upon request, and it is not necessary to apply. Please call us or come by our office and a Victim Advocate will assist you.

The California Victim Compensation Program is unable to reimburse for property loss, however you may be entitled to restitution. Speak with your Advocate for more information about your right to restitution.

Yes. Both Victim Advocacy and Victim Compensation services are available for any person that is a victim of a violent crime in the State of California.

Yes, we have many bilingual staff and we are able to utilize translation services in over 200 languages.

Yes. Immediate family members of a victim, such as children or siblings, may qualify for services through the California Victim Compensation Program.

Yes. It is not necessary for a case to be prosecuted for a victim to request Advocacy and/or Compensation services.

You can reach the prosecutor assigned to your case by calling one of the County of Santa Clara District Attorney’s Offices at: 

     San Jose (Main):  (408) 299-7400
     Morgan Hill:        (408) 201-0530
     Palo Alto:             (650) 324-6400

     Attorney Directory

The Victim Services Unit does not assist in civil or family law matters, but you may be able to meet an attorney at one of the Family Justice Centers who can help. The Family Justice Centers are made up of governmental agencies and community groups who have come together to help provide services and support to domestic violence victims.